Month: August 2015
Not only do many inhabitants of Georgia feel the need to build a church every 100 yards, brainwash school children with indoctrination via The Good News Club, and leave religious propaganda scattered from here to the Atlantic ocean…. some go a little further to convince themselves (and anyone driving past) that their invisible sky-daddy’s rules are very very important… or...Read More
Self described quantum psychic and anti-vaxxer Pam Ragland never misses an opportunity to make distortions or outright ludicrous claims for shameless self-promotion. The passing of Frances Oldham Kelsey on August 7th, 2015 will not be the exception. Pam Ragland posted her insights own quick thoughts on an article posted at the New York Times. Dr. Frances Kelsey The article is very focused on the specific birth defects caused by thalidomide in thousands of babies in Europe, Britain, Canada, and the Middle East. Despite pressure from Merrill, Dr. Kelsey persisted in requesting additional information and insisted on full testing prior to approval, which resulted in avoiding widespread birth deformities… AND being instrumental in the rise of modern laws regulating pharmaceuticals. The only people that are concerned about SB277 (which already passed and signed by Governor Brown) are anti-vaxxers that have zero understanding of science, public health, or herd immunity. Reasonable people and lawmakers essentially demanded mandatory vaccinations (with exemptions for valid medical reasons) after the early 2015 measles and whooping cough outbreaks in California. “… when yet another study has just linked Autism to vaccines.” As with all of Pam Ragland’s “Vaccines Cause Autism!” proclamations, she provides zero source or link to a legitimate peer reviewed study that links autism to vaccines. Any Google News search for the last month only shows shady conspiracy websites that fall over themselves praising Andrew Wakefield,...Read More
Facebook Page Feed
- "Lost" Atheist Experience #311 with Martin Wagner and Ashley Perrien
- Muslims, was Muhammad marrying and having sex with Aisha moral?
- Chab says he wants a military parade to piss off the leftists. Then denies saying so. Then says it again.
- NRA gives Ajit Pai “courage award” and gun for “saving the Internet”
- Reading recommendations of Johannine Judaism?
- Pedophile priest convicted by German court of 108 cases of child abuse
- For the Jordan Peterson events, Sam should stipulate that true = factually accurate, and useful = beneficial for survival, flourishing, etc.
- Debunk This: Glitch_in_the_Matrix story
- Selling and using fake license plates “are our way of getting away from tickets and all kinds of stuff”...and also leads to getting put in the back of a police car, numbnuts
- The White House's attack on scientists could manipulate public opinion | Barely a year into President Trump’s term, there have already been 111 attempts by the federal government to censor, misrepresent, or stifle science.