Ishaq Ibrahim was on trial on charges of armed bank robbery in June 2013. Ibrahim’s alleged accomplices James Byrd (convicted, facing thirty years) and Wesley Davis Jr. (pleaded guilty, sentenced to four to eight years in state prison) have already worked their way through the justice system. Mr. Ibrahim however decided to step up the crazy by claiming to be a sovereign citizen and that law enforcement has no jurisdiction over him during the trial. Here are a few of Ishaq’s sovereign gems: Accused the District Attorney of fraud when he was identified by “Ibrahim” in the arrest records....Read More
Month: January 2015
Just days after telling the world not to make fun of believers, terrorism apologist Pope Frances announces his intention to elevate Father Junipero Serra to sainthood. Father Serra was the 18th century Spanish Franciscan priest that founded nine of twenty one missions in California, which cemented Catholicism in the state. Pope John Paul II beatified Serra in 1988. What the California missions also accomplished was the near eradication of several Indian tribes. Hundreds of thousands of indigenous people populated what is now California. The mission system forced assimilation AND exposed thousands to foreign diseases, which wiped out whole villages. Indians that were baptized could not leave the mission compound without permission, subjected to forced labor (more slavery!), corporal punishment, and lived very short lives. The dark history of the California missions is always marginalized or outright dismissed by most Catholics. The public schools in California deliberately water down the harsh treatment of Native Americans. Noisy school field trips and building dioramas are pretty replacements to paint over the real history of the missions and the legacy of Father Junipero Serra. So once again… #fuckthepope [ via LA Times ] More reading: A Cross of Thorns (to be released February...Read More
Facebook Page Feed
- There is strong evidence that Paul refers to Jesus's brother, James, in the Pauline epistles. What do you guys make of this evidence? Where do you stand on this question, which is interesting in itself, regardless of the historicity-question?
- "JACKED FOR JESUS" [Funhaus]
- Is god falsifiable?
- Trump flip flops on weed!
- The R/Con Mean Girls Club assembles to make sure IronPathologist knows he can't sit with them at lunch
- What is happening in Genesis 36?
- Do you think this song hits home with you in regards of atheism?
- In the US, even if you have property, you don’t own doodly squat.(crossposted from r/crazystupidpinterest)
- Psychic paid $3.5 million by elderly woman for exorcisms gets prison for evading US taxes
- "I disagree with @jordanbpeterson on many important points, but he is well worth engaging with an open mind. This was a nearly terminal case of close-mindedness."