The Supreme Court of the United States has finally given their decisions on the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act and the 2008 California’s Prop 8. In a 5-4 decision ruled a key part of DOMA is unconstitutional, which denied federal benefits to same-sex married couples. The justices avoided deciding the consitutionality of Proposition 8 and found that supporters of the law did not have legal standing to appeal a federal district court ruling that had previously struck down the law. Justice Antonin Scalia whines and plays the victim card that it is unfair that his opposition to gay marriage is no longer considered legitimate. In his dissent, Scalia continues to rail against ‘homosexual sodomy’ and then moves on to make a connection to polygamy. “…the Constitution neither requires nor forbids our society to approve of same-sex marriage, much as it neither requires nor forbids us to approve of no-fault divorce, polygamy, or the consumption of alcohol.” Whatever. Antonin Scalia’s words are just another reason why Supreme Court Justices should NOT be in their positions for life. The Supreme Court also declined (without comment) to take up two more cases on marriage equality. Nevada’s ban on same sex marriage and an Arizona law that denies state benefits to “domestic partners”. This means that an appeals court ruling striking down the Arizona law stays in effect, while litigation over the Nevada...Read More
Month: June 2013
Jun 16, 2013 | atheism
“That awkward moment when the primitive tribe that you have come to convert to Christianity, instead converts you to atheism.” . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr3q6Cid1po&feature=player_embedded Full article over at The Immoral Minority. [ via reddit...Read More
Facebook Page Feed
- My youth pastor is doing an apologetics program and he said something that made me laugh so hard
- Yossoff attacks a war veteran for suggesting he doesn't care about people exercising their right to protest...
- In light of recent events
- Here's a way to combat SovCitz. If they are filming to post YouTube ...
- Everytime I see America talk about their flag it begins to sound like a religion.
- I haven't yet heard a good counter to this rebuttal of the fine tuning argument.
- Science-denier Trump surprised by super-hurricanes predicted by science
- Why does it feel like people on the internet have serious problems with reading comprehension or basic logic?
- Fox host: NFL players must stand for anthem because this is ‘least racist country in history of humankind’
- What is the theory on how the author of Book of Revelation associated correlated the Greek word for "beast" (θηρίον) written in Hebrew gematria with Nero's name in Greek form (Neron Caesar)?