The Supreme Court of the United States has finally given their decisions on the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act and the 2008 California’s Prop 8. In a 5-4 decision ruled a key part of DOMA is unconstitutional, which denied federal benefits to same-sex married couples. The justices avoided deciding the consitutionality of Proposition 8 and found that supporters of the law did not have legal standing to appeal a federal district court ruling that had previously struck down the law. Justice Antonin Scalia whines and plays the victim card that it is unfair that his opposition to gay marriage is no longer considered legitimate. In his dissent, Scalia continues to rail against ‘homosexual sodomy’ and then moves on to make a connection to polygamy. “…the Constitution neither requires nor forbids our society to approve of same-sex marriage, much as it neither requires nor forbids us to approve of no-fault divorce, polygamy, or the consumption of alcohol.” Whatever. Antonin Scalia’s words are just another reason why Supreme Court Justices should NOT be in their positions for life. The Supreme Court also declined (without comment) to take up two more cases on marriage equality. Nevada’s ban on same sex marriage and an Arizona law that denies state benefits to “domestic partners”. This means that an appeals court ruling striking down the Arizona law stays in effect, while litigation over the Nevada...Read More
Month: June 2013
Jun 16, 2013 | atheism
“That awkward moment when the primitive tribe that you have come to convert to Christianity, instead converts you to atheism.” . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr3q6Cid1po&feature=player_embedded Full article over at The Immoral Minority. [ via reddit...Read More
Facebook Page Feed
- Bring it on Keith, I'll answer your question!
- I can introduce any Atheist here to God if you are interested
- "IMMORTAL KOMBAT" [Funhaus plays Fight of Gods]
- Atheists, if the resurrection of Jesus hypothetically did happen, what historical evidence should we expect to find?
- “If you obey the mission statement and the rules then you'll be allowed to post, which you didn't. You broke rule 5 with your crack that this will turn into an echo chamber.”
- So my friend from the pacific was telling me that dropping the TPP was a bad idea, because the deals that were within the TPP ended up happening anyway for the worse.
- The word conveyance is omitted in dictionaries by the Powers that be.
- Debunk This: "Dead Emails"?
- This image is what it felt like to leave Xtianity (from /r/getmotivated)